Not for Sale

Cornelia,

I found your comment on Mostly Ghostly interesting.

  "One hosta that I'm trying I found at a local nursery - H. 'Mostly Ghostly'
and it never should have been for sale to the general public as it is one
that struggles."

I can think of a few myself... some are ones that don't do well in the
Northeast as I've seen them grown beautifully in the Midwest, but a list of
these might be helpful to collect. Island Charm doesn't do well in Oklahoma
but makes a fabulous garden plant here in the Northeast where it was first
found and introduced. Not to cast disparagement on the introducer but just to
see what others find have not done well for them in the garden. I think we
will find some interesting names on the final list....

My list includes:
1. Uzu no Mai
2. Exotic Frances Williams
3. Solar Flare (maybe just here)
4. Fair Maiden (maybe just here)
5. Mostly Ghostly
6. Subtlety
7. Pooh Bear ( maybe a Northeast thing)
8. High Kicker ( I love it but it is just 2 divisions after 10 years!)
9. Golden Bullion

Carol in CT   z6/5