Gold Sport of montana 'Aureomarginata'

  • Subject: Gold Sport of montana 'Aureomarginata'
  • From: gw1944@vermontel.net (Glen Williams)
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 06:15:42 -0400

I was vsiting my nephew's garden the other day and saw that he had
separated a large bright gold sport from his montana 'Aureomarginata'. A
SPORT, and not a seedling. I was very surprised...certainly, that it was so
large and growing so well... and especially that I had given him the
original plant.  I had seen a pathetic H. 'Emma Foster' a couple of times
and was not impressed. With all of the tc ing of this plant I imagine that
there must be some improved all gold sports out of these tc batches. The
color on this plant is that of H.' Seafire' in spring and my nephew says
that it lasts the summer. Do any of you know of any new all gold sports
from montana  'Aureomarginata' that actually grow?

"Did you lock he door?" From the movie "The Thing". The one with James Arness.
Glen Williams
20 Dewey St.
Springfield , Vermont
05156