Re: Round-Up question

  • Subject: Re: Round-Up question
  • From: "Dan & Lu Nelson" <Hostanut@Bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 22:56:28 -0400

Hey Bill,

Saigon was used to kill weeds and killed dozens of large trees at a local
cemetery.

From my experience I think Roundup drift can kill small dogwoods and Japanese
maples.

Roundup sprayed on the thin bark of small trees and shrubs does damage too.
I've seen photos of thousands of plants damaged in nurseries from Roundup
sprayed on small trunks with thin bark. Once a tree gets large enough the
outer layer of bark is dead and is not damaged by Roundup.

Dan and Lu
         Our host and overly silent moderator Dan has a story about some
  maintenance guys who wanted to use some stronger stuff. Feel like telling
us
  that one, Dan?
                                              ...........Bill Meyer