Re: Hostas at First Look this weekend?

  • Subject: Re: Hostas at First Look this weekend?
  • From: DaveJenningsNY@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 16:14:40 EDT

In a message dated 07/11/2004 12:25:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
randy.goodwin@verizon.net writes:
> Charlie Seaver won Section IX (small seedlings or sports) plus best
> seedling in show with this dark centered ruffled blade that had the ruffling
extend
> down the petiole.

Wow,

What a GREAT Specimen...does anyone know if Charlie is going to be at the
Region 1 First Look Convention this coming weekend that is being sponsored
this
year by the Upstate New York Hosta Society?  I would love to see it entered
there at that contest if its a new introduction!

Last I heard there are still a few more registrations available so if you
haven't signed up to go yet, then you'll want to do so right away!  I know I'm
really looking forward to being there...our Garden will be Open for visiting
both during the judging on Saturday and as a garden to revisit before you head
out of town on Sunday afternoon.  (And I don't mean to sound boastful...but
the
Hostas are all looking fantastic this year...with about 500 different
varieties on display for your viewing pleasure!)  Hope to see you here then
next
Saturday!

Warm wishes,
Dave
David L. Jennings
20 Pine Street
Scotia NY 12302-2810
Cofounder and First President of the Upstate NY Hosta Society
Owner of Glenville Gardens, Popular and Exotic Hostas for Sale
Open by appointment only by calling us at (518) 393-0905
You may also make an appointment via E-mail