Re: Hostas that tolerate dry shade?

  • Subject: Re: Hostas that tolerate dry shade?
  • From: BanyaiHsta@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 06:14:21 EDT

I just retruned from Tokyo yesterday - your post reminded me of my tour of
the Tokyo Imperial Gardens and an adjecent park early yetserday morning - they
had some very old tree plantings, that offered very nice shade, but since very
dry and hot recently - upper 90's - with litlle rain, the hostas are all
burning up in the dry shade.

Mainly old fortunei, hyacynthina, all green ground covers, nothing to
impress. But without adequate water, the special hosta would burn up as well