Re: Hosta 'Cathy's Clown'

  • Subject: Re: Hosta 'Cathy's Clown'
  • From: michael shelton <wilddog_202@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 14:10:30 -0700 (PDT)

Chick i couldn't agree with you more and thats no
bullshit. Rod raises an age old question that
originates with the collectors. When should a plant be
registered or introduced. It can only rest with
register not the registrar and there is no
introducetra.
The registrar registers any plant that is unique and
can't do much more or less. Although there is some
control. The rregistrar'sjob is not to judge garden
worthiness, etc. and would you want him to.
I have a sport of 'Blue Angel' with a wide pale
blue-green center and dark blue edge. I call it
'Patsy'. Now I can register that plant anytime I want
unless there is a plant with that name and if it meets
the nomenclature rules. Since I have it and it exist
in the real world the registrar wants it registered so
that it is known to science not because you should buy
it.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail