RE: Hosta 'Cathy's Clown'

  • Subject: RE: Hosta 'Cathy's Clown'
  • From: michael shelton <wilddog_202@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:17:41 -0700 (PDT)

I understand ur point; "before the plant is ready".
That is a judgement that history will answer. Frances
Williams credited with starting the hosta craze is not
in my judgement garden worthy now as I can look at
improvements and new plants. Shud it have been sold
back then. Hindsight is always fairly clear. So you
and all of us have to take some chances. No other way
that i can see. If we wait until everyone knows a
particular plant is a good one then none will ever get
to the market place. How do we find out unless someone
buys one and the process begins.