Re: How to count veins

<< The book "The Genus Hosta" gives the number of veins in each
 description, however, more often than not, the number of veins I count in a
 'known' plant still does not match up with the number given in the book.

 Soooo, my question is - "How do you count the veins?"

HI!!!!

FIRSTLY, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY.....YOU WAIT UNTIL THE PLANT IS MATURE.....3 TO
5 TO 7 YEARS.......THEN YOU COUNT THE VEINS......IMMATURE PLANTS WILL ALWAYS
VARY IN THE NUMBER....AND NOT MATCH SCHMID....

NOW IF YOU HAPPEN TO HAVE A MATURE HOSTA....OR HAVE ACCESS TO ONE......LOOK UP
THE NUMBER OF VEINS AND GO PRACTICE......

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG......BUT STARTING ON THE OUTER EDGE.....I
THINK [HELP] YOU SKIP ANY VEIN THAT ENDS IN THE MIDDLE OF A LEAF.......THEN
COUNT TOWARD THE MIDDLE.....

IS THIS RIGHT???

DO YOU COUNT HALFWAY OR THE WHOLE LEAF????  WHAT DOES SCHMID SAY???

KEN