Re: WNY 2nd annual Cut Leaf Show

> That's great, Joanne!! Bill Zumbar did our show, too, this year (Black
> Swamp Hosta & Daylily Soc.).  He did a wonderful job, and I'm hoping to
> enter some cut leaves in next year's show.
>   What leaves won ribbons?

Guacamole won best in show, Whirlwind first runner up and Chartreuse
Wedge second runner up.
I got a blue for Purple and Gold and for Striker but that isn't
registered yet so it was in the seedling class.
The big winner, as usual, was our club vice pres Peter Adragna.  He has
an incredible garden with I believe over 300 cultivars.  Peter brings a
lot to the show mostly for educational purposes, to show the public as
many different cultivars as possible, and definitely deserves to win
for all his efforts in selecting and grooming.
I also got reds for Pineapple Poll, Marquis and Invincible.  I didn't
enter any last year so I was pleased with the results. But mostly it's a
lot of fun and no one takes things too seriously.
Joanne
jopyz@earthlink.net
P.S. At least this year the public knew what to expect, last year
someone thought "cut leaf" meant we cut designs in the leaf like a paper
doll!