Re: Foliar nematodes

At 11:22 AM 7/6/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Are any of you folks looking for foliar nematodes in your hosta patch?
Dan, I have a Patriot that divided itself into two small plants this year,
where formerly there was one of moderate size.  Last summer, the edges
burned and curled, even though the plant was adequately watered and was
located in almost constant shade.  I moved it to full sun on the advice of
a friend, and one of the small plants put on another leaf or two, whereas
the other, smaller, one burned out and curled up, beginning at the edges
but progressing inward until entire leaves were consumed.  A neighbor told
me it could be nematodes, but I don't see the characteristic 'wet' spots.
Soembody tell me what happened.  There are supposed to be blebs on leaves
affected by foliar nematodes, right?

Sheila Smith
Niles, MI  USA, Z 5/6