Hosta 'Cascades' (Lachman-Lachman) & Vitamin B-1

This has to be among the all-time greats. Whilst at the Peoria Convention,
word reached me that Antoine d'Avent (Tony Avent of Plant Delights Nursewry
Inc. Raleigh NC) had a few to go and had done SOLD them!!!
I was crushed--nearly in tears, since I do not have it. I called Patsy Stygall
and she semed less than sympathetic. Her exact words: "Well, Clyde, you must
strike while the wallet is still full."
I left Peoria the next morning still thinking about the lost opportunity. I
almost picked up the telephone on the aeroplane to call Tony, but when I saw
that the call cost $230.00/minute, I reconsidered.
At any rate, to make a long story short,(which at this point is impossible) I
returned home and got a call from Patsy . She said that she had a replacement
for a hosta that was stolen from me at the Pere Marquette(DONT leave your
potted hostas unprotected--I left this one in the Hospitality Suite--some
hospitality!).
Well, when I arrived at Crows Landing, there was the replacement AND a
division of Cascades! Patsy had goe to no little effort in getting it for me
as Cascades is stoloniferous. She apologized that it only had 5 roots!!!
She had it potted up. I brought it home and followed her directions==Water it
with a weak aqueous solution of Vitamin B-1. I did --and today----NEW GROWTH!!
Moral: USE B-1--it is a miracle application!!!
I sent a pic of Cascades to the pixlisters many moons ago. If anyone should
like to have a pic--please eee me. (I am re-sending it to Pixlisters.)

Clyde Crockett z5