Fwd: Helen's Raspberry slush recipe from convention.

Are there others who did not get the recipe.  Here it is.

-- BEGIN included message

Sorry you missed this!  I did send it but not sure who received it and who
did not.  Anyway, here it is and I do hope you enjoy.  If there are any
questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  The recipe is flying
around everywhere, snail mail, internet, hand to hand, etc.  Did not know
it was going to be such a big hit but sure am glad everyone enjoyed it.  So
glad you were able to make the convention and I hope you went home with
good and lasting memories.

			Helen's Raspberry Slush

1	#2 can drained crushed pineapple
2	 10oz pkgs. Red raspberries
6 oz	orange juice
10 oz	7 UP
1 batch sugar syrup:  2 cups sugar
     3-1/2  cups water ……………boil and cool

Mix fruit together. Add syrup and 7UP last.  Freeze.

 I am sending the above recipe via the  internet and hope you will pass it
on to your society members in any and all parts of the country.  Helen
would be pleased, I'm sure.  Everyone who visited my garden in Peoria
Illinois at the 1998 AHS convention, enjoyed this delicious concoction and
requested we get the recipe to them.  It came to me by way of the Midwest
Hosta Convention in DesMoines in 1997.   Served as a dessert in the
botanical gardens after lunch, everyone there requested the recipe also.
As it is titled I have no further information about it but am duplicating
it here as I received it but want to give credit to the owner of the recipe
so there is no misunderstanding about the origin.

The following notes are my own:

For me, this recipe made 15 – 5 oz servings.  I found that the raspberries
could be either those frozen in a syrup or fresh frozen.  The fresh frozen
berries will make a slightly more tart slush but both work equally well in
the mix.  I made my syrup a day in advance so it would be cold from the
refrigerator, and this made for a quicker freeze once all ingredients were
combined.  I stirred the mixture a couple of times during the freezing to
keep the fruit mixed evenly in the liquid.  I also used my blender to puree
the fruit.

				Enjoy!		Beth Arnold
Beth Arnold
Peoria Illinois  Zone 5

> From: FrSch2533@aol.com
> To: seabeth@heart.net
> Subject: Rasberry slush recipe
> Date: Sunday, July 12, 1998 8:49 PM
> Been watching the hosta internet for your recipe of rasberry slush that
> served at the Hosta Convention.  It saved the day for all of us, we were
> hot, and it was so refreshing.  Did I miss it on the internet, or are you
> going to publish it in the next journal?
> Freddy Schaefer

-- END included message