Re: Summer dormancy?

In a message dated 7/17/1998 4:20:20 PM Central Daylight Time,
mike.groothuis@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< Two weeks ago, I had a H. 'Gold Edger' suddenly go (to what it looks
 like) dormant. All of the leaves turned brown and completely rotted off.
 At first I was suspecting crown rot, but their were new purple eyes
 poking through the soil just like the first thing in the spring. Those
 new eyes are growing fine and the plant has doubled in size. Does anyone
 know what caused this? >>

Mike,
Can you tell me what the first signs of the condition looked like?
Thks!

Clyde Crockett z5