Re: Streaked Scape

Joanne Pyszczek wrote:

> Well I have to share this with people who'll appreciate it. I showed a
> friend my streaked scape on Striker and she just said "Oh, nice".
> I know it's not all that exciting but it's the first I've seen in my
> garden.  And I got a couple seed pods set on it, (once I was able to
> get out early enough to find hostas with good pollen still on them).
> At this point I've got no plan to what I'm doing, but do the experienced
> hybridizers cross things that are radically different, i.e. Sum and
> Substance X venusta, or do you work more with line breeding?
> Joanne
> jopyz@earthlink.net
Joanne
As I am always looking for ways to improve substance, and flowers, I
would start with something like a Tardiana.  You could use Halcyon.  The
resulting seedlings may be larger than Striker, but they will carry some
of it's genetic chariter.  You could get plants that are streaked and
have heavy substance, and show a lot of blue.  Those would make fine
parents for future breeding efforts
Ran Lydell