Slugs - Ughhhhh

I know we had a very in depth discussion about slugs recently, but because it
was a problem I didn't have I didn't print any of the Notes that had "cures"
included in them.

Now I notice that some of my hostas are full of little round holes....

My neighbors thought I 'd lost my last bag of rocks when I was out in the
garden at 11:30PM looking under the leaves with a flashlight - but I did
confirm the presence of slugs - some as much as an 1 1/4' long.  I immediately
used the lettuce cure that was mentioned in one Note, and the next morning I
had a mess of slugs to dispose of, however I could spend a small fortune on
letttuce if that's the route I select - and I have no idea how many of the
slimy creatures there are.

Soooo, I went to my closest garden store and purchased a bottle of Fertile-
lome Eliminate and used it the next night.  I had a mess of slugs laying along
the length of the line of Eliminate the next morning.  Now, the next question
is:  "Have any of you used Eliminate and if so, how did it work for you?"

I know the stuff is extremely toxic, and that anything that eats it can be in
big trouble, however I really don't think I have much to worry about since I
use it close to the base of the plants and try to cover it with the leaves of
the plants when possible.  Are there any better treatments..  I notice that
the slugs only bother the hostas that have a soft, thin leaf - like the
Tiaras, lancifolia etc.

Thanks - Ronnie