Re: White Christmas

In a message dated 7/22/1998 3:31:39 PM Central Daylight Time, Kdye1@aol.com
writes:

<< You probably won't get a lot of wonderful comments about H. White
Christmas.
 It can take some sun, it does not have a lot of substance, it turns pretty
 green in the summer, it melts out some, it doesn't grow very fast.  Sort of a
 challenging plant, and I imagine many will tell you not to bother.  Now,
 having said all this, maybe it would grow nicely in your area.  This is what
 it is doing at my garden.  The nicest specimens I have seen were growing at
 White Oak  Nursery (Bob Keller) and I got one from him two years ago.  Maybe
 haven't given it enough time?

Please see my earlier message. White Christmas for me and many others does not
turn green in summer; does not melt out; and, is a very good grower.
Perhaps the secret in growing it well is the light conditions. Mine grows in
hot sun for most of the day.
I have a jpeg. file pic of it in late summer showing its beauty. I have sent
to Pixlist, I think. At any rate it can be seen at www.hostas.com-------Other
Gardens.
Kay, it should be great as a 2-year old plant. Why not try another one.

Clyde Crockett z5