Re: Fertilizers?

In a message dated 7/23/1998 8:27:32 PM Central Daylight Time,
saluki13@earthlink.net writes:

<< I was just wondering what kinds of fertilizers hostas like and how often
 and when you feed them. >>
------------------------------
Hi Pixlister!

Miracid, Osmocote, Green Sand, Blood Meal, and 12-12-12 granular in early
spring when emerging. Apply Osmocote once, early. Apply Miracid foliar once
every two weeks after leaves unfurl until August late. Apply Green Sand as
often as you like. Same for Blood meal. Once a month I might spray with Fish
Emulsion solution. Hostas need nitrogen and acidic conditions to perform at
peak level(in clay soil conditions as I have.)

BTW, you might not realize that you have opened Pandora's Box with your query!
<G>

Clyde Crockett z5 Indianapolis IN

P.S. Use many metric tons of H2O!