alfalfa

    I have had a great increase in growth since I have started using  Organic Alfalfa (a dietary supplement. I have not run a scientific study so I can't be sure how much the alfalfa has helped. I soak two 500mg tablets to allow them to dissolve before adding Peter's fertilizer. Then I just water away!!
    I started using alfalfa after reading "Alfalfa and Triacontanol as a Plant Stimulant" - (from a lecture by D. L. Hinerman,M.D.) in the 1996-1997 Van Wade catalog. The article was originally submitted to the Great Lakes Regional Editor by Clarence Owens of Jackson, Michigan. Many benefits are listed including doubling of weights of plants and up to 3 years growth in one growing season.
     Has anybody else tried this and what have been the results?
Preston Littleton
Seaford DE
zone 7