Re: White Christmas

Dear All,
One of the things I find intersting about these robins is the way a plant will
grow in different locations throughout the country.  Even the difference
between Indy and Peoria (only 4 hours apart) can be major.  I remember a few
discussions we've had on certain plants and people sometimes seem to take it
personally if I don't have very good luck with a particular hosta.  We had in
the past discussions on H. Frances Williams, Great Expectations, the Tiara
series of hostas, etc.  It's nothing personal, or a slam against the
hybridizer if a hosta doesn't grow well for me.  If several growers talk about
how theirs grows well and tell the location they grow it in, that can be very
helpful to me and others out there who are less than delighted with the hosta.
I plan to still experiment with White Christmas, I just am not excited with it
right now, and I'm sure I'm not the only one in the U.S. who feels this way
(am I?)

I am 99% positive that mine is White Christmas, it's not Marie Marie Ann.
There are others in the Peoria area that do not have a lot of luck with this
plant, but Bob Keller (White Oaks Nursery) grows them beautifully.  If you all
think that nothing negative should be posted by individual growers about
hostas they are growing, that's fine with me, but I find it fascinating to see
what grows in different areas of the country.

Kay Dye, Edelstein, IL Zone 5

<< <
  << H. White Christmas.
   It can take some sun, it does not have a lot of substance, it turns pretty
   green in the summer, it melts out some, it doesn't grow very fast >>

  MINE DOES NOT TURN GREEN IN MICHIGAN......KEN