Re: White Christmas

In a message dated 7/26/1998 7:43:32 AM Central Daylight Time, Kdye1@aol.com

<< < H. White Christmas.
    It can take some sun, it does not have a lot of substance, it turns pretty
    green in the summer, it melts out some, it doesn't grow very fast >>
Perhaps the one who posted the above-quoted message did qualify it to make it
pertain only to HER experience. ( I have deleted the original.) But it seems
to be a generalization.
I too have problems growing certain varieties that many grow beautifully, but
I try to be careful in stating MY experience only.

If I am growing a cultivar in conditions X and it does poorly in those
conditions, and I give divisions of that plant to 20 people who grow it in and
under the same conditions, would it not be very likely that it would perform
the same? Perhaps this might explain why some of those in Peoria find White
Xmas less than desirable.

I too find very interesting the performance of hostas in DIFFERENT conditions.

Clyde Crockett z5