Re: sports

In a message dated 7/27/1998 5:45:26 AM Central Daylight Time,
BSteg46464@aol.com writes:

<< This can't be a sport of this plant, can it? I thought a sport came from
  bud
   on the original plant. Can it just be an error from the grower in sending
an
   extra plant or what? >>
-
 -
  -----------------------
  Tell us what it looks like. >>

 The leaves are the same shape as 'Zounds' but dark green with a chartreuse
 edge.
 A few of the leaves are half green - half chartreuse.   >>
---------------------------------
Bev,
I just transplanted my clump of Zounds and the clump fell apart into separate
divisions.

Sounds like a sport to me.
I seem to recall there is a sport of Zounds in the trade that has the
chartreuse edge and green center. Anyone out there know what it is? In my
experience, I have found that Zounds tends to produce mutants(or whatever the
scientific terminology is).

Remove the leaves that are half and half.
Patsy Stygall: You have a sensational mutation of Zounds. Please tell us all
about it. Was it a separate division? I understand you will register it this
year, yes? As I recall, you might name it Doktor Faustus since it grows like
the devil?(Patsy has so many gorgeous sports, seedlings and hybrids I have to
give directions!)Anastasia, go out the southeast back door. Walk to drive.
Take a left. Go by your collection of the Corydalis cashmeriana.
It is on left of that.
Clyde Crockett z5