Re: Count Dracula

In a message dated 7/31/1998 7:01:43 PM Central Daylight Time, BBROWNJ@aol.com

 <<  I have put some leaves of it in the frig and they come out BLACK but
  > Is this ok to do when entering a leaf in a cut-leaf show? >>
 There is nothing in the judges handbook that tells you what to do with leaf
 once it is cut from plant. Unless "the powers that be" say otherwise it does
 not seem to be illegal to refrigerate cut leaves.
 Barbara Jones
 Mass >>
Does this mean you can mask a discoloration on a leaf with a green marker,
Surely not.
I cannot name names but a very experienced judge posted me privately and said
that he/she thought it would be illegal to refrigerate leaves to make them
appear dark.

Do you sanction the practice of refrigerating leaves for up to 2 weeks(!)
before a cut leaf show, in order to make them blackish green?

Clyde Crockett z5