Re: hosta or vendetta/Thoughts to garden/live by.

  • To: "Hosta" <hosta-open@mallorn.com>
  • Subject: Re: hosta or vendetta/Thoughts to garden/live by.
  • From: "Daniel Nelson" <sussextreeinc@ce.net>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 11:33:40 -0400

Chick W. wrote:

"One of the people who runs the open, Dan Nelson, is sometimes prone to
misbehave himself so is much less likely to punish us when we are bad."

"Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth---more than
ruin---more even than death......

Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible,
thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and
comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid.
Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the
chief glory of man."

Bertrand Russell

"Intellectual freedom is essential to human society......Freedom of
thought is the only guarantee against an infection of peel by mass
myths, which, in the hands of  treacherous hypocrites and demagogues,
can be transformed into bloody dictatorships."

                                                                  Andrei
Dmitrievich Sakhorov

"Assassination has never changed the history of the world."

Benjamin Disraeli

"Father forgive them, for they know not what they do."

Jesus Christ

I've got to get some weeding done in my hosta garden. Eleven days living
in motels and touring hosta gardens has come to an end and now it's back
to reality. Southern blight has reared it ugly head also. It's time for
Benlate and Terrachlor. I wish other problems re: hostas could be
resolved as easily.

Dan Nelson
Bridgeville DE
zone 7
SussexTreeInc@ce.net

P.S. If my posting doesn't make my position clear, I will spell it out.
I believe Clyde is being prosecuted unfairly.