Dear Hosta Fans
The dutch Hosta society had last weekend its tenth anniversary Yes we
have a dutch society with about 400 members. We had a nice weekend
 at  ArboretrumTrompenburg Rotterdam were they have more than 700
hosta placed alphabetically in a long woodland lane.We had a cut leaf
show were I had a third price with my Yellow Tears( like a yellow
small venusta). The same plant was second in the competition for best
new cultivar unnamed yet. Actually I did take a leaf of at the
last moment for entering the leaf show It drowned nearly in the
bottle.The winner was a longipes hypoglauca hybrid with red halfway
the leafIt will be registred by the dutch Society. We had lectures
too. One by M.Fransen who has the largest europaen collection ( 1400
+ ) and there was also a lecture by the famous Paul Aden. I had
interesting discusions with him about plants and people...Apart from
Aden we also had  belgian and german  visitors so truly an
international convention There were also plant sales. I bought
gracillima Kifukurin Ko mame for $4 and Striptease with the white
line for $10. I think that compared to USA our prices are a bit lower
Unfortunately the same can be said for the auction. The
"largest" sum,  $60 ! ,was paid for a new plant collected from the
wild from Fukushima. It looks like a light green decorata but with
pure white flowers.
Maybe see you next time at the dutch convention?!
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden
The Netherlands