Re: AHS New Beginnings???

Cornelia,

You posted the essence of the thesis you wrote many years
ago...i.e."When you start legislating away one person's freedom, your
freedom will soon follow". I agree completely with this thesis...but I
then expected you to move on to suggest that the AHS should NOT
legislate AHSE-MAILROBIN members' freedom away. But you didn't
proceed.Therefore, I am writing this post to address this issue.

I am one of many who are displeased that we had to agree to a series of
excessive, repressive rules and regulations just to rejoin the AHS Robin
when it was re-instated after being arbitrarily shut down by the former
president.. As a result of continued repression by the Committee of
Three and the Majordomo,  I find that I no longer want to participate
actively as I did previously. I do not post on AHS Robin although I
sometimes read messages, even tho' it is usually  a waste of time. Most
posts are fluff with little substance worth reading. I participate
actively only in hosta-open or other hosta related listservers where
there is freedom to speak without hosta policemen or others defining
what you can and cannot say,  without fear of 30 day warnings, threats
of expulsion and other police methods of control. These repressive ways
of management of the AHS Robin have turned my former cooperation into
rebellious non-participation. I post only to individuals now or thru
hosta-open. AHS has lost my willing participation until it retracts its
ridiculous rules/ regulations and controls. There is no new beginning
within the AHS  Robin until the Robin itself is restructured with some
sanity. I post this one time post to the  AHS Robin, only to make my
views clearly known by other AHS Robin friends.

Jim Hawes
hawesj@gcnet.net