Re: AHS New Beginnings???

Jim, others like myself who left the AHS Robin because of the repressive
nature of the rules. I learned much and met many who I liked and respected,
but could not abide the rules.

My answer was to look for another church and not participate in the former
or follow its leadership. Change from within requires the ability to debate
then vote. Without both of these there will be no change or more important
no evolution. We could debate until we were blue in the face but not vote.

To tell the world how you feel will change nothing unless you can influence
those in power or there is a process to take power. I don't see either in
AHS. I see the leadership process as a procession toward something like
dictators (to strong a word, but the best I can find), not a democracy.

If I weren't a life member I would not renew my membership which is the
only vote I feel I have. There is the possibility through local clubs to
debate the conduct of the AHS and cause loss of support sufficient to
effect change (fat chance).

I doubt that the way I feel has any better chance of changing anything but
I feel better now.

>AHS has lost my willing participation until it retracts its
>ridiculous rules/ regulations and controls. There is no new beginning
>within the AHS  Robin until the Robin itself is restructured with some
>sanity. I post this one time post to the  AHS Robin, only to make my
>views clearly known by other AHS Robin friends.
>
>Jim Hawes
>hawesj@gcnet.net

Butch Ragland So. Indiana zone 5