Re: Pollen

Mary, I consider myself an amateur but I do know that to get pollen to set
on a ventricosa would be nearly, if not impossible.  Ventricosa is apomictic
and in simple terms pollinates itself from within.  Maybe if Jim H. would
jump in here he could explain a little better.  Even though we think we have
a hybrid from ventricosa, it still seems to carry with it the same traits as
the parent plant, if it is in fact a ventricosa seedling.

I don't believe even the bees pollinate ventricosa.
Beth Arnold
Peoria Illinois  Zone 5