Great Hostas

Ran, and everyone...

I've thought about this as I walked up and down my paths today and it's a
hard question to answer. Everyone like different things in Hostas. For
example, I tend to love variegated Hostas that have a large amount of white
on the leaf and the gold's. Others prefer greens or blues. I think to
answer the question, I want a Hosta that will beckon me from clear across
the garden. I want a Hosta that makes a statement, and stands out in the
crowd, as if screaming "Look at me!". In my garden, Formal Attire does
that. Early in spring, On Stage does that. At first, I was going to say
that I want a large Hosta that makes a statement, mostly because I love the
large ones. But on reflection, size doesn't matter. I look at my Summer
Music, or my Tattoo or Chartreuse Wiggles, and I'm stunned by their beauty.

Now, for my wish list...Mary, you got it. a luminous yellow Hosta, with red
petioles that run into the center vein up into the leaf, with ventricosa
purple flowers. And then, when you get that one finished, how about a dark,
dark, I mean dark green leaf, with bright gold edges and a white flower,
and then how about a Hosta that has white leaves and lavender petioles
(yes, I know it has to turn green, but just image that week or two in the
spring)(oh, heart be still....)and then....

Lu