Re: Pollen

>In the evening I put it in the freezer
>No flash freezing, no silicagel, no alu foil, nor a closed container,
>just in an open box.
>PS:There are no bees inside the lab were I do my
>late pollinations( sept okt nov) mainly with stored pollen

>Ben J.M.Zonneveld
>Clusius lab pobox 9505
>2300 RA Leiden
>The Netherlands
>Zonneveld@RULbim.LeidenUniv.NL

Ben,
The only freezer I have at home is a self-defrosting freezer, and I suspect
that's not good for longer term storage.  So I am playing it safe and
putting the pollen in the -80 here at the lab.  I suppose the -20 would be
okay too, if it's working for you.

Is your freezer frost free or not? And how long (~years) have you used
pollen stored at -20?
Stacy

Stacy Holtzman
Howard Hughes Medical Institute