A change is coming

Yesterday during a summer afternoon storm, strong wind broke the tree that
shades our sales area and also the tree that was growing behind our water
garden.  Lightening struck the very large oak standing by the driveway that
has been admired by so many.  Limbs from a walnut tree not only broke but
were blown some distance down into the field.
The tree at the barn blocks the door that permits the mower to be removed.
It also lays on the phone line.  The tree at the pond is resting over a
lovely Red Dragon cut leaf maple.  I have tried to impress the tree people
with the importance of not damaging the maple.  It will take a truck to haul
the broken limbs and twigs form the yard.
Now you can see that all of this may change the complexion of the some of the
hostas.  After clean up is completed it will be necessary to add to a few
extra feet to the width of our display area.  Some of the plants are going to
have an opportunity to prove their ability to adapt to new conditions.  This
is not the best time of the year for them to face the change.
My growing house that holds hundreds of seedlings and many of the selected
plants that I have divided for further observation was more or less just
lifted from the ground.  The large 2 by 8s that were used at the base are now
up in the air.  The pipe were lifted from the ground.  With a little luck and
a lot of work I think it can be put back into place hopefully without
damaging the hostas.
The TV just described yesterday's storm as a micro burst and the next
sentence they tell us that another one is developing this afternoon.
Yesterday we were without power and now I hear the thunder so will finish
this post later.
Mary