Re: Beauty Curve in Hostas

> Although I too prefer a clumping Hosta to a stoloniferous one, it depends
> on how you want to use them. For groundcover use, I would think a
> stoloniferous hosta would be ideal.
>
> Gerry>

I like stoloniferous hosta if they are small cultivars or species. In
the medium-sized hosta, I think stoloniferous hostas are a bit out of
control. I have found that most of the stoloniferous ones tend to be
small, anyway.
  But there's alot more to be said, also, for clump-forming habits. I
don't think I'd like to see a stoloniferous H. '(name your favorite
Extra Large hosta here)' - that would then become a true monster!!

Diane Frederick
Cleve. Hts, OH - z5