Re: Evaluating seedlings

Lu Treadway wrote:

> Ran & IndianaBob, this is really interesting reading, thank you both so much for your posts.
>
> Let me see if I get this, Ran you get a seedling that you think is "interesting", you first establish stability (about 3 years) then you plant it in various parts of your garden to test slug effectiveness, dry conditions, wet conditions, sun, deep shade, and then, about 12 years later, assuming it past these tests, you register it.
Yes that is part of it.  It must have some of the "better charistics" I
am looking for, and be able to display those charistics, consistantly. I
have for example a five year old plant with yellow wdged leafes that
form elongated cups.  This has for the last three years been a plant
that looked really special.  I named it Panhandler.  I moved it to a
"new" location last year, and noe I have awfull "drawstring" problems. I
doubt I will spend much more time or space on this one.
Ran