Re: The Unwritten Code

Jim I agree with you completely and wish that you would go farther and also
come up with a code that entails the rights of a hybridizer.  I feel that it
is wrong for someone to put another's plant into TC without receiving
permission or making a contract to compensate the hybridizer.  Developing new
plants takes years of work and becomes expensive.  The vultures that rush to
grab others plants and put them in TC, rob the hybridizer of fair return on
his or her time and investment.  In fact at times the developer looses money
on the plant. I believe that there should be a code of honor even among hosta