Re: 3-D Landscaping Programs

Hi Ron,

I have used two different 3-D landscape design programs.  One is by
Sierra and is called LandDesign 3D.  This is an older version, so there
probably are updates out there.  It has a plant data base that can be
expanded with your own plants and info.  The design can be "grown" to
maturity and "walked" through in 3-D.

The other program I have used is by Expert Software and is called
Landscape Design v5.0.  This one has a very limited plant data base that
can't be added to.  The 2-D and 3-D views are shown at the same time,
where as you must switch between the two modes in the Sierra program.

Of the two programs, I like the Sierra program much better.  I find it
easier to use and more flexible when it comes to the actual design.  I
believe it is a little higher priced than the other program, but it
wasn't very expensive.  How useful the 3-D aspect actually is, I don't
know.  The plants usually look nothing like the real thing, just
graphical icons...it is still fun to play around with, though.

Hope this helped!

Ronald Livingston wrote:
> Hosta Gardeners,
>     Are any of you using or have you used 3-D Landscaping programs to
> design garden outlays? Could you give us some feedback on your
> experience with these programs ?
> Ron

Josh's Garden Web

In The Country Garden & Gifts