Re: The Unwritten Code

In a message dated 7/9/99 7:33:09 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
hawesj@gcnet.net writes:

 I know of no such case in which such conditions change to such a degree,
 that problems have arisen...but I can conceive of situations where this
 might occur....where gifts intended for one use may  actually end up in
 another  use. Let us hope and manage our gifts or exchanges of the
 Friendship Plant in ways that it will not become the subject of discord,
 greed and acrimony between friends and associates..........and even
 their heirs >>

Well, one never knows the devil, even when his hand is upon your shoulder.
This I learned the hard way i.e. H. Princess Diana. I have yet to put a
single cent in my pocket over the sale of this hosta, its not that I dont
want people to have the plant, I am not sure I want to become a part of the
industry that has profited from her death.  I have given, donated and traded
a few. In doing so I have tried hard to keep it out of the red light district
and do my best in placing trust into the hands of others. However, a person
who I held in high regards proved to be the person with his hand on my
shoulder. Little did I know that this person was already making a deal behind
my back for thier own personal gain. I heard wind of this later and
discounted it as hogwash, pure garbage. Sadly I found out that this was truth
not rumor. Hosta, the friendship plant? Better put, it is a plant that lets
you know who your friends realy are.