Re: Marking flowers

Mike Groothuis wrote:

> I am performing several controlled crosses for the first time this year.
> What is a good way to mark the flower with the parent (ex. 'xxxxx' X
> 'Wide Brim') so I can see if the pod forms? I'd appretiate any help.
>
> Mike Groothuis
> Niles, MI
> zone 5b

I was just at a hybridizer's, and saw an interesting way he marked the
pods - each pod was tagged, literally, with a small white tie-on tag
(like you see at some small retail stores or flea markets) with the name
of the pollen parent. I thought it was interesting, and practical.

Diane Frederick
Cleveland, OH zone 5