Re: on guard

I don't doubt that it has happened and will again but the likely hood is
less than any day you leave home. The percentage of thieves in the hosta
society I believe is less than the general population so why use this forum
to make people uneasy. Yes, someone has stolen a plant and will again but
are we going to watch every visitor in our garden.

I can tell you of one incident in my garden that would curl your toes or I
could tell you of hundreds of very pleasant moments of shared pleasure.

Your response completely missed my point.

>Butch,
>
>What particular instance are you referring to?
>
>You suggest that the theft of hostas may be just a made up story. Could
>you elaborate a little on why you feel this way? Also, what evidence do
>you have that the thief was not part of a tour group?
>
>I have received several reports of theft since my posting asking for
>information on missing hostas.
>
>The disappearance of hostas from peoples gardens is real. We are not
>talking about UFO's, alien abduction or alien insemination here. We are
>talking about people that have been seen, and in some cases recognized,
>taking hostas from peoples gardens. For instance, Dr. Benedict is sure
>who got some of his hostas on one occasion.
>
>Any additional information you can supply will be appreciated.
>
>Thank You,
>
>Dan Nelson
>Bridgeville DE

Butch Ragland So. Indiana zone 5