Re: large hosta

In a message dated 7/18/99 11:54:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time, CCREDUX@aol.com
writes:

<< << One time you told me the "equivalent" of H. Gold Crown... >>
  H. 'Fortunei Aureomarginata' >>

Thank you again Clyde!  I hope that you had a wonderful time in
England...Lucky soul you are!  Here are further questions on this same
subject.  I purchased this plant with the tag H. Gold Crown.  The plant is in
my garden for only one year.  Good grower, but.....is green centered with
white edges not yellow as it should to be twer it "aureo".  Vein count is 11
- center and 5 on each side.  I have looked at ever picture in my three
reference books and pics (thank you again) from pix list, and this is
definitely not the plant.  Has a lighter green than photos of H. f.
albomarginata, and more upright lancelet leaves.

Questions: Is there a difference in juvenile and mature coloration/leaf form?
 Somewhere there was mention of the edges turning white....opinions?

Any ideas?  Probably bought Undulatta Albomarginatta or something along those
lines, just want to be able to put a tag on it!

Thanks for any advice,

Lori