Re: rectifolia

In a message dated 7/21/1999 6:01:03 PM Central Daylight Time,
BSteg46464@aol.com writes:

<<  rectifolia Chionea and one called
 rectifolia Nakai.  They were purchased from two different Hosta specialty
 nurseries, both of which I consider very reputable.  They appear to me to be
 identical, or at least very similar.  Both have a paddle-shaped, white edged
 leaf and an upright clump habit.  Are they the same Hosta or not? >>

 Probably. Nakai is the person who discovered the plant. It is all-green.
'Chionea' is white-margin one.

That is, you have 'Choinea' and not rectifolia var. rectifolia NAKAI

Clyde Crockett z5