Battle is not in the Hosta fields but on the net

Yes it's true there is another hosta battle being waged.. Sorry Cheryl
Nelson but I wanted that hosta and since I lost mesa fringe by
miscalculation I wasn't going to let it happen again!;)
So instead of working on my hosta beds in the 95+ degree heat I'm sitting in
my air conditioned house and bidding on Nancy Krul's hosta.  So now we have
a new fight.

All this aside, I have my husband out slaving on making some seedling beds
for me.  My question is, I noticed that many of the fellow hostavites I've
visited have raised beds to grow their seedlings (not all) and I was
wondering about the reasons and thoughts.

Thanks,
Kate e. Ardissono
Long Beach, In zn5