Re: Polymer Gels and Hostas

I wouldn't (personally) use polymer gels with hostas in the garden - what
if they stay wet all year and promote rotting in the plant?  When I knew
absolutely nothing about gardening, I bought some of the gel and put it
around some (sun-loving) perennials in my very shady yard.  I don't know
what got them, the shade or the overly wet conditions due to the gel, but I
think you are much better off simply watering your plants more often and/or
investing in a sprinkler system.
Stacy

Stacy Holtzman
Howard Hughes Medical Institute