Re: on line journal

Regarding the disemination of material and information "On Line" is a great
idea but one must consider how long history will be kept and be available to
the inquirer.   Storage is getting less and less expensive (look at how much
some of the home PC's are coming with nowadays) but if you are going to keep
all of the information and pictures (Graphics gobbles up storage) there is
usually a limit as to how many journals will be available to the end user.

I only say this because a long hard look at the whole picture must  be taken
before everyone jumps on teh bandwagon.  I for one would not like it if I
wanted to look up an article that was written for the journal 3 issues ago
and it has been archived and the message" Required journal has been archived
due to a lack of storage.  Please initiate "Retrieve Archived Journal
Request" to make journal available.  Please allow 5 working days for
retrieval request.  Thank You.

I for one like to be able to go to the hard copy and look up that picture of
H. Tattoo that I enjoy so much - and not have to turn on my computer every
time I do.  I also like to take my journals with me when I travel so I can
catch up on my reading.  Then  again, I spose I can go out and buy me  a lap
top with the money I have left after I pay my full AHS dues.

But then again - "That's just me!"