Re: Olga's Sale

Poor Mike.... He was happy snapping pics and some dizzy lady starts making
requests.  Could you take one of these.. and one of those????  Glad you
found a special one Mike....  I've been so busy with work (never take a
vacation because they just save all the work for when you return) that I
didn't think I was going to make it.  Usually I'm the 1st or 2nd vehicle
there... today I barely made it (but then again the husband was driving).  I
think I spent more time helping others buy then doing shopping.  All I went
for was to find matches to the hybridizing plants I needed to replace after
the Vole damage.  No luck on three of them... :(....  Mary Chastain's
suggestion paid off on a couple of plants I thought were goners..  Also all
the different suggestions for taking care of Voles have been implemented.
Any plant going in the ground is now sporting either a square or cylinder
wire basket which we will cover during the winter.  Vole poison is out in
modified vole traps (couldn't get large water bottles to paint black but a
friend made me something like one from old restaurant pickle jars.  Once the
new window wells and tunnel work is completed, I'll replant all the plants I
had to pot in the new wire homes.

Final results on the Vole damage:
            Three non replaceable hybrid hosta (one was similar to
embroidery but loved sun and had a little crinkling in it).   Kabitan,
Hyacinthinia, Sun Power,  Stetson,  Halcyon,  Shogun, Fascination.

Thanks for taking those extra Pixs Mike!

Kate