Bruce and All-

First of all thanks for the info.  Exactly what I was expecting though
not what I was hoping.

Secondly- I have ''brenda's beauty' as well.  Mine looks nothing like I
have seen anywhere and the big difference comes from the leaf edge.  It
is so wavy, piecrust, and contorted it looks like... nothing I have ever
seen before.  I am just letting it lie for the next year or so and see
if the traits remain.  I am truly hoping it does stay this way. Only
time will tell I guess.

Quite a few of my Hosta have sported this year and some are fairly
decent looking plants.