Re: brenda

Ben:

>Richland Gold Splash although very similar is genetically different
>from Gold Standard as it was due to a mitotic recombination.

Do you have any proof for this?  Sounds like another one of your wild
statements with no proof.  I don't know of anyone who has conclusively
proven that mititic recombinations have occured in higher plants.  If
they are so common in hosta, as you seem to indicate, why not prove it
and win a Nobel Prize?

Have you crossed Gold Standard and Richland Gold Splash with various
other hostas and studied the Mendelian segregation ratios to see if
they are different?  I bet NOT!

Joe Halinar