This Year's Orders

Ladies and Gents,

Spring is over, and although different for my Northern buddies, we're pretty
much done with our hosta ordering in the South until fall. (famous last
words)

I just wanted to get some feedback from ya'll regarding the plants you
ordered last winter and have received. Thought I'd get a good discussion
going.

What I'd like to know is what three plants did you receive that this year
that just "Wow'd" you, and why.

Here's my three:

Paradise Joyce: With out a doubt this is the most beautiful hosta I've
gotten this year. It certainly has the potential for making my top 10 list
of favorite hostas. The leaves have wonderfully thick substance which I
hope keeps the slugs away. The color of this hosta is breathtaking. It has
one of the softest blues I've seen, along with creamish center. Outstanding!

Yellow Waves: This hosta made me catch my breath when I unpacked it. It had
the most beautiful soft yellow color and the waves actually had me giggling
with delight. It really did stun me with it's beauty.

Mayan Moon: This one was a surprise. I put in quite a few large orders in
the ground
one weekend, then left. When I came back I was adding labels and Oh My
Goodness this hosta knocked my socks off. The leaves are almost perfect,
soft green with soft yellow border.

These are my top three, although it was difficult not picking Captain Kirk,
Alex Summers and Lakeside San Kao. They were on the top of the list and
deserve an honorable mention.

Lu (Atlanta, Zone 7B)

PS: Thanks for posting the Pix of Mayan Moon, Bob. How'd you know I was
typing this when it came in? Kewl.