Re: help! earwigs!!

Judy,
Interesting subject or not, earwigs are a major problem for me here in East
TN. Funny, since I never saw a one till a few years ago and now there are
gazillions.  I assume they are eating hostas since I know they eat other
plants. I have three Brugsmansias in pots that are just shredded from
earwigs, every daylily flower I have has an earwig in it and they destroed
my Clematis blossoms practically over night.

One recommendation (from Rich Horowicz?) last year was to put rolled up wet
newspapers in the garden, then either shake them out over a pan of soapy
water or throw the paper out entirely. That works well, but requires att'n
from the gardener to really be effective.

I hope some other suggestions show up, I'm about crazy from these things.

Gerry