Re: Favorites and Christmas in June!

Narda,
I think you and others that are doing these "theme" plantings have something
smart going here.  I've just spent a good part of the day running around
with pots of hostas up and down hills, across lawns and yancking out  other
plants JUST to see IF I like the location.  After all this, planted just one
hosta today, and the balance are sitting in the middle of the driveway.  I
just can't decide where to put them.( Yuck, this one looks bad here, but if
I moved that one it would look o.k. but no way am I digging out that Sum &
Substance!)  Then you notice all other kinds of things...like how come I
have a bare spot here??? I'll put "that hosta" there...nope, now I know why
its bare...a tree root that needs a chainsaw to get through it!  You also
notice "WOW look how big this one got in a year!!! guess the other 2 will
have to come out! Or, geez, what's happening here? Rot??? how come its
smaller?  Should I dig it out?  Then I think I need color to jazz things up
a bit...o.k. I'll go get some impatience or something...like no way...got
enough to do without annuals!
I take 2 steps back and decide I need some solid green stuff to break up the
whole mishmash!  Great idea! I'll go dig up some ferns (the last time I did
this I imported some weeds (to me) I can't get rid of),  No..I think I need
some good green hostas with character (any suggestions???)
Anyways , you get the drift...If I did theme plantings, the hosta would have
a designated planting area and thats it thats all..there it goes!  Now I
have to come up with themes and how many?
Keeps me out of trouble though.

Barbara
Quebec, Canada
mailto:township@acbm.qc.ca