Re[2]: Hubby swears theres too many!

Dave, in 1974 I brought Lois, my fiancee home to the Detroit area for the
first time to meet my mother Pauline Banyai. Mom took Lois outside to show
her the garden ( in late November! ) and Lois mentioned to her that her
family had killed silk flowers,  even the snake plant and had trouble
remembering to water house plants - do they really need water, she asked
Pauline?

Mom took Lois under wing over the next 17 years,  until Mom passed away,
and Lois now is extremely knowledgeable about houseplants, gardening, hosta
and garden people! Patience is a virtue gracious!

Now I have to limit her hosta purchases or get a bigger garden, which I
can't keep up with now. And hosta meetings are critical, though our
schedules are too full as it is. Going to miss the AHS National in
Minnesota this year, only the 2nd time in 15 years.

Thinking about next week, Lois and I were remembering driving to
Minneapolis in June 1978 to see the Arboretum plantings. My mother was so
jealous she asked to go and then couldn't make it.

Hope you have the traditional June Minnesota cold spell next week !!!!!!
Take your sweatshirts and sweaters.

bruce - thankful for a special mate who understands somewhat my hosta and
garden mind