Re: [streak] species seedlings - "true to form"

>I have a natural garden grown chartreuse seedling from ventricosa,
>not from ventricosa Aureomaculata or ventricosa Aureomarginata.

Question for those who may have some experience with ventricosa.
I've been told that it "comes true" from seed.  I also understand it
is suppose to be a tetraploid.

This spring I planted quite a few seeds from ventricosa Aureomarginata
open pollinated and the germination was VERY low and I would say most
of them look like hybrids to me and several are clearly hybrids.  Is
there any difference between ventricosa and ventricosa Aureomarginata
in terms of supposely Apomixic behavior?

Joe Halinar